Did you know that you can use Chalk Paint™ in the garden?
Transform your garden furniture, pots, garden walls and fences simply with one coat of Chalk Paint™.
Suitable for all metal and wooden garden furniture and accessories (except teak) and also concrete, matte plastic and terracotta, just leave it to harden overnight and then wipe it down with a damp cloth before exposing it to rain.
No need to wax.
Celebrating it's 25th anniversary this year, Chalk Paint™ comprises of 32 decorative and historic colours which compliment each and when mixed they provide an even larger colour palette. Chalk Paint™ is available exclusively from over 35 hand-picked Annie Sloan Stockists located throughout Canada - and on-line.
Find a full list of Canadian stockists at the following link:
- 1. Wood & Metal Bench – wood painted in Louis Blue and sanded back to reveal the wood; metal work painted in Old White.
- 2. Ivy Metal Bench – painted in a mix of Original and Graphite; striped cushion – Paris Noir fabric by Annie Sloan.
- 3. Rattan Chair – back painted in Greek Blue, seat painted in Greek Blue and Old White stripes; cushion – Faded Roses in Duck Egg Blue fabric by Annie Sloan.
- 4. Chandelier – painted in a mix of Greek Blue and Emperor’s Silk, other details painted in Paloma, Old Violet and Emile.
- 5. Metal Chair – painted in English Yellow; cushion – Paris Noir fabric by Annie Sloan.
- 6. & 9. Ladder – painted overall in a wash using Old White, then individual steps painted in Duck Egg Blue, Louis Blue, Burgundy, Provence, Greek Blue, Arles, Olive and Scandinavian Pink.
- 7. Metal Table – painted in Old White; Chandelier – painted in a mix of Greek Blue and Emperor’s Silk.
- 8. Watering Cans – left – painted in Duck Egg Blue; right – painted in Country Grey.
- 10. Wooden Chair – painted in wash using Graphite; Terracotta Pot painted in Emperor’s Silk
Absolutely anyone can achieve great results with Chalk Paint™ by Annie Sloan – from the novice to the experienced upcycler.The properties of this unique formula are as follows:
- it can be used all over the house and garden – Chalk Paint™ adheres to numerous surfaces, including: wood, concrete, metal, brass, plastic, glass, brick, stone, terracotta and even fabric
- it can be used without preparation – due to its strong, sticking power and dense consistency, no priming or sanding is necessary – no removing of old paint, varnish or wax is required - you can paint straight over nearly all existing surfaces
- it dries quickly – with a beautiful velvety matt finish
- it produces extensive coverage – the highly concentrated formula covers approximately 13 sq metres per litre, equivalent to a small dresser and one coat is usually sufficient
- it allows you to create your own colours - no mixing is required before use, but you can easily mix two or more Chalk Paint™ colours to create your own shade
- it allows you to achieve paint effects simply – ie dilute Chalk Paint™ with water to make a wash to feature a wood grain; thicken it overnight - by leaving the lid off - to create a chippy look; distress it with fine sandpaper or add Annie Sloan Dark Wax to change the depth of colour
- brushes wash out easily – simply with soap and water
- it is durable – and works well with Clear Annie Sloan Soft Wax to seal furniture, walls and floors, or other painting projects around the house and garden
- it has eco credentials – Chalk Paint™ is water-based and non-toxic. It is lead free, EG free and virtually odour free. It is naturally low in VOCs making it ideal for those who are sensitive to traditional paints.
- (Photos by Christopher Drake) Don't forget to follow us on our social medias in order not to miss out on upcoming events, new & exciting products, sales, before and afters, and all other fabulous things!